Even though this is probably going to be a sucky season, I’m glad fall is here, because I like change, and I love fall weather. Kampfer on the other hand…
Fansub group: gg
Things I liked:
- Yukari Tamura voice and reference, yeah!
- The shy, ecchi megane with the hot, spicy alternate personality.
Things I didn’t like:
- This was quite possibly the stupidest story I’ve ever seen.
- I love Marina Inoue, but her voice does not get deep enough to credibly pull off a teenage boy. Natsuru sounds like he’s still waiting for puberty to hit.
- This seems like the type of show that’s tailor made for the animation to get worse and worse as the show goes on. And it’s not like it’s all that hot to begin with.
Random other thoughts:
Sometimes shows you have low expectations for end up surprising you. Other times they turn out exactly like you thought they’d turn out. And in Kampfer’s case, it manages to sink even lower than the low expectations I already had for it. I knew it was going to be stupid (much like Nyan Koi which I’m still eagerly anticipating), but in a show featuring genderbending, transformations, and talking stuffed animals, the last thing you need is a plot to get in the way. And unfortunately that’s what Kampfer pretends to have. No, I don’t really care what a Kampfer is or why they exist. The only possible benefit of genderbending is faux-yuri, and by my count we did not get enough of that. There’s no doubt I’m going to drop this, it’s just a question of when. On the plus side, I did really like the meta Yukari Tamura and Yui Horie references… and uh, that’s pretty much it.