Ok, no power of love in this episode. Just the force of will. Who didn’t see this coming?
I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unknown to death.
Nor known to life.
Have withstood pain to create many weapons.
Yet, these hands will never hold anything.
So as I pray: Unlimited Force of Will!
What the hell did they do to Yui!? What is she doing? Being retarded is not moe! They turned her into a laughingstock!
Honestly, Kiiragi over at RandomC had a great post summing up my thoughts on the predictably deus ex machina in waiting season finale. But some questions for you:
- Were you surprised that Leon’s single bullet theory was a failure? And what kind of false build-up was it to string us along all season with Chizuru’s character and then for the show to sacrifice her and Leon for something that ultimately didn’t really do a thing (I don’t care if Merry pulled the cute little wizard through the supposed bullet injury – that’s bullshit).
- Yumeji just happens to “borrow” John Doe’s weapon… how is that? Speaking of which, what the hell exactly happened to John? And Hercules for that matter? Why even bother introducing Hercules? Why bother introducing John Doe except to tease us?
- The whole thing about Yumeji sending Merry back to wherever she came from… how exactly are they going to do this? Does Yumeji have a time limit on this? I mean, can he keep Merry around for a few more decades before sending her back?
- The brass club has brass balls, because… Yui can play a magical air horn? Has she been watching Donovan McNabb in the playoffs a little too much?
- Engi got healthy… because of force of will? I suppose Moetree also forgot how to fight because of that?
I don’t know if I’m just on a stretch of bad luck, but I am getting sick of shows that peter out halfway through and turn into an unmitigated disaster by the end. Thankfully, my faith in anime hasn’t been tarnished forever, because I started watching Kino’s Journey and that show is awesome. For those of you that stuck through Yumekui Merry to the end. I’m sorry. We all suffered all the same though. Stay tuned. Support groups are forming as we speak. JC Staff – now on my “don’t give them the benefit of doubt” list – along with A1 Pictures.
Final verdict: Do not watch past episode 7. Get your cat nurse fix in episode 6. Some delicious Isana fanservice in the 7th episode and then call it a day.